For more than two decades, Genesee Land Trust has worked to save natural
lands in the greater Rochester area. Preserving land - over 4,920 acres
- ensures that future generations may continue to enjoy the gift we
inherited--an opportunity to have a relationship with nature, reaping
all its benefits.
- Protecting the North Coast
- Creating a band of protected critical habitat and scenic countryside along the shore of Lake Ontario - a unique and vulnerable area.
- Local Farms and Food
- Protecting family farms on some of the highest quality soils in the world.
- Connecting Nature to the City
- Linking urban families and neighborhoods to the natural places within our City and region.
- Habitats of Excellence
- Preserving the best and the uncommon lands to secure our regions environmental integrity.
- Habitat Bridges
- Making greenways for wildlife in our changing landscape and climate.
Genesee Land Trust is also dedicated to connecting people to nature through seasonal guided nature walks; tours of natural habitat that encourages native plant and wildlife; and special educational events and field trips. We proudly serve our community through land and waterway protection and we invite you to join us in our work.