For nearly three decades, Genesee Land Trust has worked to save natural
lands in the greater Rochester area. Preserving land - over 5,000 acres
- ensures that future generations may continue to enjoy the gift we
inherited-an opportunity to have a relationship with nature, reaping
all its benefits.
- Protecting the North Coast
- Creating a band of protected critical habitat and scenic countryside along the shore of Lake Ontario - a unique and vulnerable area.
- Local Farms and Food
- Protecting family farms on some of the highest quality soils in the world.
- Connecting Nature to the City
- Linking urban families and neighborhoods to the natural places within our City and region.
- Habitats of Excellence
- Preserving the best and the uncommon lands to secure our region's environmental integrity.
- Habitat Bridges
- Making greenways for wildlife in our changing landscape and climate.
Genesee Land Trust is also dedicated to connecting people to nature through seasonal guided nature walks, tours of natural habitat that encourages native plant and wildlife, and special join us in our work.