Work parties help the Genesee Land Trust accomplish our important work of keeping preserves pristine and functional. Volunteers help by performing trail work, invasive plant control, trash pick up, and other activities. Work parties generally take place on weekends and occur at various preserves. For more information, contact Kevin Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Events Opportunities
From time to time, the Genesee Land Trust holds or participates in special events. We need volunteers to help ensure these events run smoothly. Duties include booth staffing, greeting attendees, distributing literature, accept payments, and other responsibilities. To find out more about special events, contact Margaret Potter at email@example.com.
- The Native Plant Sale
- The Northeast Family Fitness 5K Walk at El Camino
- The Backyard Habitat Garden Tour
During the week, there is a need for assistance at the Genesee Land Trust office. This often includes helping with mailings for memberships, annual appeals, data entry, and other responsibilities. For more information, contact Margaret Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved with a Committee
There are various committees at the Genesee Land Trust where you can showcase your skills. Find one that is a good fit for you! Committees generally meet monthly or bi-monthly and include independent work. To find out more about committees, contact Margaret Potter at email@example.com.
- Special Events - Conceptualize, coordinate, or just help out with special events.
- Land Management - Develop with staff and Preserve Stewards management plans for each of the Genesee Land Trust preserves. Preserve Stewards regularly visit their assigned preserve and work with the committee to develop and implement long-range management plans and coordinate maintenance.
- Development Committee - Research funding opportunities and/or help with grant writing